Friday, February 22, 2013

It's official. We are um-bah and abbba

She said it! Over and over again. My Precious is clearly enunciating the words for mom and dad- amma and appa.

She's been trying for over a month now and called me (or so the proud mommy in me likes to think) umm-bah. She perfected her new skill today. I was just done nursing her...she looked me in the eye, smiled and said umm-mah and then very quickly proceeded to call me abbba too.

Then later this evening, she kept saying abbba when she was splashing about in her bathtub. Fully excited, I told proud daddy A to come on in and watch his creation talk. At which point of course, our Precious promptly and intelligently started saying 'pfffffffffft! thhhhhhhffffft! kkkrrrrrr!' as though she was going to spit out some paan (betel nut leaf) like some roadside vagrant (albeit an adorable one!) and proceeded to drink up her bath water. :-)

1 comment:

  1. wait till she starts saying NO for everything.

    talking is a disaster, we all say too much and never what we mean. I do anyway

    ReplyDelete